NUMBERS FOR THE MONTH OF JANUARY
- 343 Proposals submitted representing $51,178,852 in requested funding
- 357 Awards received representing $33,183,866 in funding
- 51 Outgoing Subawards representing $2,912,432 in funding for our partner institutions
- New Export Control Website: The OVCR has launched a new website with information on export controls, including policies and procedures. Click here to access the new page, and contact Sam Padilla at email@example.com or (217) 300-6385 with any questions about the site or export controls generally.
- University of Illinois' campus-wide plan for implementation of the OMB Uniform Guidance
- OVCR Launches Pre-Award Shared Services position to assist faculty in the Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- OSPRA reorganizes to better serve the Campus Community, click here see new Organizational Chart
The Office of Sponsored Programs and Research Administration (OSPRA) is a unit under the Office of Vice Chancellor for Research (OVCR). OSPRA interacts with faculty, students, department business staff, University administration, and external sponsor program officers and award negotiators to provide service and support to the University's missions of instruction, research, public service, and economic development. OSPRA is comprised of three divisions: Proposal, Award, and Processing.
The Proposal Division is responsible for reviewing and approving the requests for external funding prepared and submitted by the campus community to Federal, State, and Private Sponsors. The staff reviews proposals for budget accuracy, interprets regulation and proposal guidelines, provides training where necessary, and acts as a liaison with sponsor officials to respond to questions and requests for additional documentation to support award issuance.
The Award Division is responsible for negotiating terms and conditions of awards resulting from the submission of requests for funding, and various other research related agreements, including material transfers-in, non-disclosure, and collaboration agreements. This Division also has responsibility for issuing agreements to lower tier sub-recipients under the prime awards the University receives from external sponsors, interpreting the wide variety of terms and conditions to determine appropriate flowdown language from the prime agreement dependent upon the type of sub-recipient, e.g. institution of higher education, not-for-profit, or commercial concern. The staff responds to agreements provided by the sponsor and also draft agreements in the absence of sponsor provided documents. The staff interacts with many University administrative offices in executing these agreements, including General Counsel, the Office of Technology Management (OTM), and Risk Management.
The Processing and Reporting sections are responsible for maintaining the integrity of the sponsored programs data, routing both incoming and outgoing transactional documents, and responding to University inquiries and requests from certain external entities for reporting related to proposal and award processing. The staff also facilitate OSPRA’s interactions with both internal and external customers, and advise on policies and procedures as related to records management issues.
Do you want access to view/track your proposals and award documents on-line via UIeRA? Register now! Send your email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you already have access to UI eRA, here are the job aids to assist. For more information regarding the University of Illinois' electronic grants management system, click here.